Well, even though I was just a few cities away having a martini (or two), Boba apparently did quite well on the trip. Once they arrived, they met up with Jason's two best friends, Jeff and Matt, and their families. Jeff and wife Jan have 2-year-old twin girls named Kathryn and Cosette, adorable as can be:
Still can't tell which is which...
And Matt and his wife Wendy have the beauteous Olivia, who is only 3 months older than Boba:
What a cutie-patootie
Needless to say, it was quite the celebration of baby girls. Boba has always loved watching other small children, so she was quite taken with her new circle of girlfriends. I love this one of the girls hanging out:
(I swear I think God gave the three Ohio-boys daughters to prove some kind of point. Or maybe even as payback for all their....frollicking in their twenties. But since this is a family-friendly site, I'll leave it at that.)
Anyway, Boba and her Daddy had a perfectly wonderful time, although they definitely missed Mommy (who was probably somewhere between Caesar's Forum Shops and the Bally's lobby bar at this point). Boba also had the chance to meet a horse for the very first time:
She looks like she's thinking, "What the HECK is going on here?", doesn't she?
Other than a rough night of sleep (which is to be expected), Boba had a fabu time, and Daddy was a magnificent single-parent for the 30-something hours that I was not present. I mean, even I would probably break down from the stress of traveling with her by myself, but Daddy seems to be an old hand at it. What can I say, I married the Best Husband Ever. I know I hardly give him credit on Flamboba, but he's truly amazing. This trip totally re-affirmed that for me.
(No, that's not the guilt from taking a 3-day trip to Vegas with my girlfriends talking. Really.)
Some last photos of Boba & Daddy:
Boba enjoying some gifts from her new friends
Jason parties it up Daddy-style









3 comments:
This is the most precious entry i've read! I love seeing daddy and baby moments, and this truely takes the cake!
i say ditto to melon. jason and boba are adorable together. i'm smiling the entire time reading it. and that horse picture is HILARIOUS! i like that someone's feeding the horse a carrot too.
That is the sweetest picture, the two of them on the plane. My husband is so much more adventerous w/Cricket than I am too, I would never just want to up and get on a plane alone w/him! It might end up being so much...work :)
Post a Comment