Yes, that would be ME.
My first Mother's Day was quite lovely! I did wake up early with her, but only because I truly prefer to get her first thing; and also, as a working mother I sort of have a self-imposed rule about it: be the first person she sees in the morning, and the last one she sees at night. Besides, "sleeping in" for me is kind of moot since my body expects to be awake at 5:30am. So Sunday morning we snuggled together on the guest bed (a single...perfect for snuggling with a baby), and then, after breakfast, we played to our heart's content on her playmat. Yes, we do this every weekend, but on Mother's Day it all did seem a little sweeter!
Then, after Boba's nap, we all headed to Black Angus for lunch. (Yes, a steakhouse for brunch! Because prime rib is good ANY TIME OF DAY!) Boba was very well-behaved and even allowed the adults to eat together at the table. As in, at the exact same time! (Parents will understand what I'm talking about here!) Shots from the restaurant:
Note the makeshift bib. Hey, at least I remembered to bring the "diversion device" for the table.
Boba re-enacting her favorite scene from the movie, "The Exorcist"
The two loves of my life (the one on the right sure looks bored with the whole Mother's Day thing)
After lunch, we did a little shopping, then back home for Boba's afternoon nap. She slept in her crib for half of it, and then for the second half we snuggled again - there is nothing quite as wonderful as snuggling with your sleeping baby.
We spent the rest of the afternoon playing out in Lolo & Lola's yard - pretty, ain't it? - even though what Boba did doesn't really qualify as "playing" since she sort of cringed everytime she went near the grass. She opted to sit on my lap for most of the time instead.
Flambo & Boba
I hope all you mothers out there had a wonderful day, just as I did. There is really nothing quite as life-changing as motherhood, I think. And while there is only one official day a year to recognize all the mothers in our lives, I hope this is something we do often, and with joy.
Here's much love and praise for all the mothers out there. Happy Mother's Day! Cheers!







2 comments:
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, FLAM!! Boba looks so cute. Can't wait for the cousins to meet. Snuggling is such a rewarding experience. I'm right there with you.
Happy Mother's Day!!! =)
Post a Comment