Monday, May 01, 2006

A love letter to K, J, & A

I have to confess something.

I've been Boba-less for the last few days. And though I missed her like crazy, I still had a fabulous weekend. Why? Well, to preface...a few months ago, I got an email from one of my high school gal-pals saying, "Let's all have a reunion in Vegas. The four of us."

And so we did. Just this past weekend!!!

IT WAS SOOOOO FUN!!!

Kay Hoskey (formerly Thompson), Jill Martin (formerly Carpenter), and Angie Beach (kept her maiden name) and I met up in Las Vegas for a fun-filled, ladies-only, eat-shop-and-pamper-in-style weekend. The four of us were best friends in high school, and we haven't been together as a team in 14 years.

That's right, 14 years.

So, how do four grown women (two of them mommies) party it up Vegas style after not being together for so damn long? Well, as the cliche goes, it was like riding a bike. We didn't miss a beat. It was as though no time had passed since we were all seniors at Jakarta International School in Indonesia. Crazy.

I'll spare you the details of our whirwind trip (YOUR loss), but suffice it to say that it was definitely one of the most fun & fulfilling weekends of my life. I'm not exaggerating. There's a lot of discovery and re-discovery in a reunion like ours. And one of the things I love the most about it all is that while we have all taken such different directions in our lives, we are still so strongly connected not only by our history together, but by our shared experiences as women. It was glorious.

So, even though I missed Boba like you-would-not-even-believe, it was worth it. Three days with three amazing women. Thanks, ladies. I love you all.

Angie, Kay, me, & Jill. And Martinis all around.

No comments: