Thursday, May 18, 2006

"Jiga bye guhbye! Ick kababa jiga BAH!"

(Above title translated: "I know how to talk! Really, I do!")

We've got a real talker on our hands. Boba has graduated from the realm of repeated vowel sounds ("gagaga" and "bababa"), and is now actually sounding out word-like noises, complete with intonation and varying emphases! I kid you not; it's like she's got her own special language. I would even say that it is her own version of conversation in that she seems to be forming actual sentences that have meaning. I mean, it may just be jibberish to us normal folk, but in her developing little mind, she probably thinks herself verbally rhapsodic.

Here are a couple ideas I have about what she's trying to tell us.
  • "Dadajiday kuhbejidegagah, ajubye KUPIK KUPIK."

Translation: When I drop food on the floor, that should be a clear indication that I NO LONGER WANT TO EAT IT.

  • "Geebuhjee, dajeebugabig bigaga! Jee kupik ababa..."

Translation: I'm telling you, my diaper is NOT WET! Just let me play already...

  • "Bye yagudah jibeday uhbabah."

Translation: I don't think I need as much sleep as you think I do.

  • "Amama bikajay. Ahgahgah, jubee amama jukubah."

Translation: My mommy rocks. When I'm older, I'm going to buy her expensive things.

(The above translations are purely speculation, but are based on a thorough analysis of Boba's behavior and facial expressions. I am the Boba expert, after all.)

Favorite words continue to be "Dabin" (food) and "Bah bah" (bye-bye). One of these days if I figure out how to post a link to an audio file, you all can judge for yourself what she's saying! I do think I'm right about that last one, though.

"Buh jee guhjika BYE!" ("And that's what I have to say about it!")

No comments: