Friday, January 19, 2007

The BIG News

"We're cute AND we've got the scoop!!"

Okay, I've left you all hanging long enough, I guess. I hate to say too much about my "big" news on a public forum because I don't really want to jinx it, and let's just say it's sort of in limbo - also known as ESCROW if ya know what I mean! - so I don't want to say much except that...

.....JASON AND I ARE TOTALLY FREAKIN' EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!

Well, you can probably guess what it is. I am both thrilled and terrified, because we are total newbies at this, and so everything is pretty much like the blind leading the blind. We have a great team helping us along, but you know, it's still completely intimidating!

Anyhoo, Boba is completely clueless that all this is happening, which is just as well because if she decided to, say, start talking about boys all of a sudden, or ask about the birds and the bees, I would probably lose it. Because dealing with the MASSES OF PAPERWORK that all this involves really makes me feel grateful for the fact that Boba's only coherent communication these days is limited to "Okay!" and "Elmo!"

(Is it true? Dealing with a toddler is easier than with a pre-teen? God help me, WHAT AM I IN FOR???)

Suffice it to say that my life right now is limited to this, to Boba, and to my job. No room for much else. I haven't even seen Dreamgirls yet. I am so out of the loop, it's ridiculous.

(Example of how out-of-touch I can be: When my in-laws were discussing how long the flags remained at half-mast, I replied, "Yeah, who knew James Brown was so important?" I KNOW.)

Thank goodness it's Friday and the one thing I have to look forward to this weekend is a body treatment at a local spa downtown! (A Christmas gift from said in-laws. A sign they love me despite my stupidity.) Woo-hoo!

4 comments:

Erin Cronican said...

Congrats! I am so happy for all of you. What part of town will you be living in?

Anonymous said...

TD! SHHHH! You'll jinx it!

Nothing to see here, Mr. Murphy. Just move along...

WestCoBina said...

bahahaha!! that's something melon would say. actually, when we were in big bear, she said, "maybe they're still at half mast because it took so long for the news to reach all the way up here."

but CONGRATULATIONS, you guys! we can't wait to visit! you'll be fine with the whole process (this coming from a non-property owner). but you're both very competent, so i'm not worried. loaf!

li'l momma said...

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!! YAY!!!! You & Jason will be totally fine. Then, after all the paperwork is said and done, you have a beautiful place to call your own!! CONGRATULATIONS!! loaf!