Friday, January 26, 2007

While we're waiting....

So apparently life does go on, even when you're in escrow. Who would have known! And Boba continues to grow and charm and delight us all. Just so you can all get a sense of the joy that is my 18-month-old baby girl, here is a small sample of some of the words that she now knows and yells out regularly.

  1. "Okay!" (said in a Filipino accent since this is Lolo Bob's favorite saying)
  2. "Again." (sounds like "A-ginna")
  3. "Box!" ("Bockthhh")
  4. "Cheese!" ("Cheesh")
  5. "Open." ("Uppen")
  6. "Hat." (Surprisingly, "Hat.")
  7. "Baby!" ("BEE-BEEEEEEEE!")
And our perennial favorites are what she calls my folks: "Bob", for Lolo Bob, and "Doe" for Lola Tess. We have absolutely NO idea where she picked up "Doe"; she just started saying it one day to Lola. And Lola loves it.

Other cute things she does now: whenever she wants you to do something, she has this hand symbol to indicate she wants to grab your hand (sort of an open/close type of thing), and then she leads you to whatever it is she wants - usually it's to open a door so she can escape whatever situation she's in, be it her impending diaper change or bedtime. Because apparently she finds both pretty intolerable.

One not-so-cute thing but still never fails to make me laugh: she throws things to show displeasure. As in, "No, Katrina, please don't spit your milk!" (*pacifier whizzes past my nose*)Or, "No, Katrina, please don't climb the table!" (*bottle is flung at the floor with a THUNK*) Oh, and if we still tell her no?? She'll find something even bigger to throw. Like her Fisher Price toy bus. Or Daddy's portable DVD player. Yeah, I guess cell phones are too small for her to make her point.

But she always continues to surprise us in the sleep department. Not so surprisingly, our trip to Vermont TOTALLY messed up her sleep schedule, and so we decided that since we were moving, it wouldn't make sense to try to train her to sleep in her crib now, seeing as we would be messing her up again anyway when we moved her to her new room. So, whenever she woke up, we would just take her into bed with us. (Well, actually more like one of us since the other would move into the other bed to give whoever who was sleeping with the baby more room.) Well, wouldn't you know it, she didn't need any help to get back into her sleep schedule! The last few nights she's pretty much returned to her old sleeping-through-the-night tricks. Crazy, right?? Although, now that I've said that, I'm sure she's going to start waking up every hour on the hour now. Why? Because I've got luck like that.

No slowing her down in the cuteness department, though. No siree. She's got that one down PAT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was young (I'm not sure how young, but 18 months - 2 years is certainly possible), I decided that my grandmother "Lovetta" would be called "Bing." And thats what I called her for as long as she was with us. Bing. It wasn't until I was about 15 that I realized that no one else called her that! I always thought it was her nickname, but it turns our it was just my inability to say Lovetta.