Greetings from the bundled Boba!! (who doesn't look happy here, but trust me - inside that parka she's cheering!)We had a grand ol' time in Vermont last week, and I consider our greatest achievement after our journey to be the fact that Jason and I remain happily married. Anyone who has traveled cross-country with a toddler will know what I mean. Tearing a child away from the blissful comfort of his/her routine is like taking crack away from a junkie. Nothing good can follow this.
Ah, but I exaggerate. I truly did think that I was going to be more sleep-deprived than I have ever been in my adult life on this vacation, given Boba's past vacation experiences, where she seemed to think sleep was a silly option. Why sleep when you can scream and cry instead? For hours? It gets Mommy to hold you and rock you while Daddy does a maniacal dance in the background trying to find available remedies: Bottle? No. Book? Nope. DVD? Not now. Benadryl? YES, PLEASE.
(Confession: we did use Benadryl one night, but that was because she developed a cold that prevented her from breathing comfortably, and Benadryl lists "decongestant" as one of its uses. TRUE STORY.)
Anyway, the point being - it was a good vacation. A very good vacation. One where Jason and I actually got to sleep and hang out and relax. I KNOW, AMAZING ISN'T IT. Here's the trick: we slept when she slept! And napped when she napped! Ironically, these are the things you can't do at home, because you have a list of chores you have to get done when the baby's sleeping, like fold laundry or pay bills. Guess what?!? On vacation, you can opt out of those chores. Hence, we actually got some rest! Halleluiah!
Ah, but I exaggerate. I truly did think that I was going to be more sleep-deprived than I have ever been in my adult life on this vacation, given Boba's past vacation experiences, where she seemed to think sleep was a silly option. Why sleep when you can scream and cry instead? For hours? It gets Mommy to hold you and rock you while Daddy does a maniacal dance in the background trying to find available remedies: Bottle? No. Book? Nope. DVD? Not now. Benadryl? YES, PLEASE.
(Confession: we did use Benadryl one night, but that was because she developed a cold that prevented her from breathing comfortably, and Benadryl lists "decongestant" as one of its uses. TRUE STORY.)
Anyway, the point being - it was a good vacation. A very good vacation. One where Jason and I actually got to sleep and hang out and relax. I KNOW, AMAZING ISN'T IT. Here's the trick: we slept when she slept! And napped when she napped! Ironically, these are the things you can't do at home, because you have a list of chores you have to get done when the baby's sleeping, like fold laundry or pay bills. Guess what?!? On vacation, you can opt out of those chores. Hence, we actually got some rest! Halleluiah!
Props and much gratitude to our hosts for the week, Jason's sister Sarah, her husband Andy, and their awesome daughters Emma, 5, and Katie, 21 months. Not to mention the lovely company and generosity of Jason's dad Tom and wife Julie (Poppy & G'ma Julie!). We all had a stupendous time. And now for the photos.

Yep, that's snow falling around us

Sledding with Daddy! WHEEE!!!

With cousin Emma in a box...too cute, right?

With cousin Katie. This was a rare moment for them just standing quietly. Usually Boba was mauling Katie with kisses or chasing her in order to do so. I think this is the cutest photo in the bunch.
More pictures of the holidays to come next week! What a change...I've got so many. So stay tuned!


2 comments:
Looks like a blast! Happy New Year!
Oh....it sounds like such fun!
The pictures are darling. Was it
fun to be in the snow for 5 days?
(and know you would be leaving)
I love the pictures of the girls.
Post a Comment