Thursday, July 13, 2006

Some Birthday present! (And Part I of Party Photos)

So Boba woke up on her birthday - Monday, July 10th - at 3am with a fever. Yikes. By about 10am it was at 102 degrees. Good lord! What a way to spend a first birthday! Good thing we had celebrated the day before, AND good thing she's at an age where getting sick on her birthday is like getting sick on ANY day. (As in - she doesn't care what day it is, she's just miserable.) We were able to bring her to the doctor that afternoon, and he confirmed a viral infection. This meant no antibiotics (which I was fine with - I HATE antibiotics), and no going to work for Mommy and Daddy for the next couple of days, given that Lolo and Lola were jetting off to Spain for 3 weeks on Tuesday. (AAAAHHH! Timing!) Strangely enough, however...despite a consistently high fever (it rarely went below 101), she seemed to be in the best of spirits. Probably because she was like, "Mommy and Daddy are here, with me, TOGETHER??? When the heck does THAT happen??? AWESOME." Yes, I'd have to say that that was the major bonus of the past few days: getting to spend some time together as the family that we are. Even if one of them was burning up like a little blowtorch.

Fast forward to today. At 6:30am she had a temperature of 98 degrees. Wha?? So quickly? Yep, AND THEN, by around 11am she had broken out in a rash all over her body. Good thing I had my handy dandy Baby 411 book with me (Thanks, Famini!) because I was totally prepared to diagnose her with Roseola, a virus that causes a high fever for approximately 3 days and then comes down drastically at the onset of a rash. The rash apparently doesn't bother her, and apparently just acts as a signal that the illness is on its last legs. Yay! Funny, though - she was extra clingy this morning, almost as though she knew that our time at home together was coming to an end. "What, I'm 'better'? No, not 'better'! I'm sure I've got another virus in here somewhere - hold on, let me check - see my fingernail? See how it's slightly less pink than the rest? That's the Pinkyola virus. Mommy must stay home with me MORE!"

Anyway, you all have heard me lament how tough it is when your baby is sick, and I won't bore you with repetition. But I'd just like to add that it's actually quite nice to have Daddy around at nights (his show closed last Sunday). So this illness was seemingly less stressful than the others.

So - ONWARDS WITH PHOTOS! (This is only Part I since I have yet to upload all the photos from that day)

Our friends from L.A.: Jen, Chris, Natalie & Derek

Lola Tess among a sea of family members

Baby Carter with Mommy Monica enjoying some balloons

Joshua, John, & Judy Rosen

Mommy & Boba's grand entrance at the party will be featured tomorrow! Stay tuned!

No comments: