This year, for Boba's birthday, we decided to forego a birthday party in favor of a trip to everyone's favorite theme park - Disneyland!! A few months ago, Daddy bid on a "Family Fun" package at a silent auction which included 4 park-hopper passes to D-land and California Adventure. Much to our delight and surprise, we won the package with a very reasonable bid!! So we made our way to Anaheim, CA, on Monday morning to begin our Disney adventure. We left Fox at home with my folks - it would have been too stressful and uncomfortable with a baby, anyway - and began Boba's first visit with lots of excitement and anticipation. We met up with cousin Chamina and her daughter, mini-Chamina, and had a blast. Unfortunately, the day was super-hot and the park was super-crowded, which meant that there were some super-meltdowns in store for us, but we managed to get in some very key rides ("it's a small world") and character visits...take a look!
You'll notice that there aren't many photos of me or Daddy - it was all about Boba and cousin Chamina. But here's a rare one of Daddy accompanying Boba on the one ride that had a short line - the carousel.
Minnie Mouse at her "house." We waited a long time for this photo! Even Minnie looks a little burnt out.
Tinkerbell was our first character "visit." Didn't realize you had to line up to see characters these days! Ahh, how Disneyland has changed since MY day!
The "Princess Faire" line was absolutely ridiculous, though...soooooo long, and just to see 3 Princesses for about 30 seconds each. Oh well...the girls loved every minute and forgot about the long wait once they glimpsed the royal beauties!
Cinderella's Fairy Godmother! (A character that DIDN'T require a line)

Princess Jasmine. So glad they had an "ethnic" princess in the lineup!

Speaking of ethnic! Her name in fairyland is "Silver Mist," but since she made bubbles we always called her "Bubble Girl" at home. By the way, I think that's the same wig I wore when I played Pocahontas at the park.

I said, "Put your arm around Goofy!" and she did this instead. Hmmm.

Ice cream with Chamina at CA Adventure!

There's that arm again!

The two girls having a blast at CA Adventure
Many thanks to Chamina & Edgar for hosting us the last few days! I tell you, hanging out with them was waayyy better than checking into a hotel, because their house was awesome, our kids entertained each other, AND they fed us AWESOME FOOD! (Kalbi, anyone?? Yum!)
Lucky Boba is going to get to return to Disney next week with Papa & Doe! And with any luck, I'll be able to escape work again and take her back one of these days. Why? Because Disney freakin' ROCKS!!
3 comments:
Disneyland is the best birthday present! Yes, talk about lines! I'm so jealous you were a "princess"! I would love to go be Tinkerbell! We met Fawn and so it is good to see there are other fairies like Silvermist. Our longest line our last trip was for Tinkerbell! Thanks for sharing!
Ahh! Love the pictures!! Thank YOU for hanging out, it was a blast. Maybe Cham & I can met up with your folks next Monday for another round! :0)
Is that really the same wig!! I think you guys should have a lifetime pass cuz you're a disney alumni. it's only fair!!
Post a Comment