Monday, July 06, 2009

Happy Month of July!


July is a big month at our house. Not only is it officially summertime, but it's the birthday month for BOTH our kids, as well as countless others in my extended family. So, there are birthday celebrations to be had, as well as our annual trip to the SD County Fair! The "annual" part is a bit of an accident, because we never intended it to become a family tradition, but it has certainly become that. Daddy and I walked the fair for 5 HOURS when I was pregnant with Boba to get the labor starting (I was already a week late), and only succeeded in having a false alarm that night. That girl did NOT want to come out.

Anyway, the fair was a blast, and I'm happy to say that I've discovered a few essential things to make the trip a success:

  • Go when the park opens
  • Bring your own food
  • Purchase tickets in advance online - cheaper and more convenient!

We also left early and beat the crowd. I know that defeats the purpose of going on the holiday weekend - what with the fireworks and all - but this year Daddy and Boba enjoyed a fireworks display just 5 minutes from our house. So, win-win!

Poppy was with us and accompanied Boba on one of the better rides - a roller coaster for kids that had just the right amount of bumps, falls, and turns to thrill the little ones. Boba loved it. You can see it all over her face.

This year, we bought a discounted package deal that gave us a large number of ride tickets, so Boba got to go on a LOT of rides:

And that was just a fraction of them.

Daddy got an order of deep-fried oreos, which had to be one of the less toxic offerings in the fair-food department. (Deep fried Krispy Kreme chicken sandwich, anyone? Or how about a deep fried White Castle burger?) I declined a taste (I value the condition of my arteries a little too much, apparently), but Daddy gave it a thumbs-up. I was so grossed out I didn't bother taking a picture.

And where was Fox during all this? Why, chilling out in his stroller, of course. Man, what a laid-back kid. Boba was never like that. He just watched everything go by, and then he napped for a little while, and then he crawled in the Kid's Tent for a bit....super chill. I don't have any photos of him because, well, he didn't really do anything. He played in the tent with a bunch of other kids, but I was too busy making sure that they weren't trampling him (he was the only crawler of the bunch), and Daddy was too busy checking out the hot ladies looking after their kids. Oh wait, did I type that out loud? I mean, he was too busy watching Boba.

(Passive agressive? Who, me? Naaahhhh...)

Anyway, it was good times all around at the fair! This month should be a bit better on the posting since we have a lot of stuff coming up. Also, stay tuned for a post all about the Fox!


Happy 4th of July!

No comments: