
Sometimes people get a real kick out of the fact that Jason and I have a child. That's because many of them knew us when we were both young and, er, stupid. ("These morons have a kid?? Alert the authorities!") And not to make us sound like juvenile delinquents or anything, but we were both pretty spoiled brats up until our mid-twenties. Okay, I should speak for myself...I was a pretty spoiled brat up until my mid-twenties. (Jason was a spoiled brat up until his LATE twenties. HA!! Just kidding, I swear.) Anyway, some of our friends from L.A. who we used to "party" with still can't get over us being parents, and sometimes I think they're shocked by the sheer domesticity of our current lives. But I do believe, after seeing us, that they also witness how much we've embraced parenthood and all the responsibilities that come with it. Not to mention the joy in our lives that is Boba.
One such friend, who we both haven't seen in years, is the lovely Tera, an L.A.-based artist/graphic designer who Jason and I have known for almost a decade. We met her over at Balboa Park on Sunday afternoon, where she met Boba for the first time. One of the first things she said to us was, "I can't believe you guys have a kid." I replied, "I know!!!" But before long she was completely charmed by Boba, and I think she saw just how well our new roles fit us.
Mommy, Tera, and Mommy's new addition to her circle of girlfriends....Boba!
So it's still kinda crazy to me, but I guess I'm actually a grown-up and all! Sometimes it's hard to recall the naive twenty-three year-old who used to go out 4 times a week and sleep in until 11am. Believe it or not, I don't miss that life at all. Not to say I don't miss that independence, or that freedom (because, dear GOD, to have one hour of alone time....ahhhh), but Boba has made my present life so much more profound. And parenthood? Well, it ain't easy, but I'd say Jason and I are doing a pretty good job at it.



2 comments:
yes, you two are doing a wonderful job as parents. remember that. so the next time you go out and get wasted drunk, you won't feel so guilty. works for me. but seriously, congratulations on being great parents! it shows in lil boba.
What? You two are PARENTS???!!! Haha, just kidding. =) Boba's adorable... who wouldn't want to trade in all that LA glitz & glamour for a glimpse of her Boba-ness?
Post a Comment