Monday, November 27, 2006

A Happy Holiday Weekend, Indeed

Belated Thanksgiving greetings to all! As was evident, Flambo took a break from blogging (ah, but when does she not???) for the 4-day weekend. And why, you might ask?? Because she needed to recover from the raucous festivities of her 32nd Birthday celebration!!! That's right, it was my birthday last Friday!!

The cake my co-workers got me. You can't see it, but the candles spell out my name.

But I jest. It was hardly raucous. In fact, it was the sweetest birthday any mother could imagine, as I was able to sleep in that morning, and even had a nap that afternoon. A NAP. Nothing, not even diamonds or truffles, could be as luxurious a gift as a nap!!

I am, however, guilty of one thing, and that is - I DIDN'T TAKE ANY PICTURES THIS WEEKEND!! ARGH!! Which means that I have no photos to share of Boba in her unbelievably-cute sailor dress during our family Thanksgiving party. Or of Daddy as he played in Turkey Bowl 2006 (our annual family football game - which his team lost). Or of me as I happily devoured my Thanksgiving bowl of sinigang in place of the traditional turkey. Yes, at our Thanksgiving holiday party, turkey takes a back seat to Filipino favorites, such as Lumpia (spring rolls), Pancit (fried noodles), and Barbecued Pork. Yum!! I tell you, as much as I adore the traditional Thanksgiving meal - I mean, stuffing is just so damn exotic to me - nothing beats Pinoy food.

Anyway, if someone out there has pictures of this last weekend, would you send them to me, pleeeease??? I'll buy you a platter of lumpia.

Many thanks to everyone who made my birthday so special, like those who sent sweet messages by email & phone. You guys are the best for remembering! I really do have some wonderful people in my life.

Love to you all this Holiday season!!

2 comments:

WestCoBina said...

it was so nice to finally see you guys this weekend. i would say it was fun to "kick it", but we spent most of our time running after/ feeding/ napping with our children. i didn't even know there was sinigang!!! everything was gone by the time i woke up from my nap! boba is getting so big, by next year, they'll be running around playing a turkey bowl of their own. happy bday, mama!!!

li'l momma said...

EGADS, I'm so ashamed! I usually pride myself on greeting everyone on their birthdays!! I'm sorry I didn't get to say "Hippo Birdie Two Ewe!" Well, I'll do it now then... "HIPPO BIRDIE TWO EWE!" See? 32 ain't all bad, is it? =)

Karla's sinigang was the hands-down yummiest... my parents and I were still marveling about it days afterward.