Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Veterans Day Weekend, Part II - Hangin' at the Mall

SATURDAY

I'm a big fat liar. I said this post was about hanging at the mall, except that I have no pictures of the mall. What?!? The horror!! Well, you'll just have to imagine the new Otay Ranch Town Center, recently opened in the Eastlake division of Chula Vista, just a few minutes away from Lolo & Lola's house! Since its opening a mere 3 weekends ago, Boba has visited it the last 3 Saturdays. Yes, that means she's been there every weekend since it opened! She's practically a Town Center "regular" by now.

So, Saturday morning we decided to visit the mall yet again, since Lola had not had a chance to check it out yet. To commemorate the occasion, Lola dressed her up in a cute new pink outfit, and naturally I have photos of that, so here goes:

Can you SEE how she's getting the hang of this whole posing-for-the-camera thing??

We ate at the Cheesecake Factory, one of my favorite restaurants, where Boba flirted and smiled and charmed the pants off our waitress (not literally), and sampled my Bistro Shrimp Pasta with gusto. She even had her very first taste of Iced Tea - and yes, I was silently terrified of the caffeine factor, even though her "taste" consisted only of little drips of iced tea on her tongue. She was good for about 45 minutes - just enough time for us to sufficiently enjoy our meal! - before showing signs of her annoyance with being strapped into the restaurant high chair. So we finished up and whisked her off before she could have a proper meltdown, which, of course, she ended up having about 30 minutes later. But at least we were able to stoll down the main drag for a little while and take in the sights of consumerism at its finest.

After returning home, the rest of the afternoon was spent idly playing in her room or in the family room, where she enjoyed more viewings of "Ee-i-ee-i" and her new obsession: "The Wheels on the Bus Turn Round and Round". Boy, can the girl DANCE! I don't know where she learned it...it really must be an instinctive drive to move your booty, because as soon as she hears a beat, she gets down! Further proof that she is mine indeed.

And that was Saturday. Before I go, though, here are more cute photos of Boba in the Cute Pink Outfit:

Pretty In Pink

Her hair is pretty irresistable too

No comments: