Boba's got a thing for the color green. When she plays with all her toys, she will inevitably have a green toy clutched in one hand for the duration of her playing. It's not just that soft lime-green that's so common in baby items, either; light green, dark green...it just has to be green. I didn't know toddlers could have color preferences so early, but it's uncanny. She'll be playing with her blocks and - behold - she hangs on to the green square. Or, she'll be thumbing through her Sesame Street mini-books and - whaddaya know! - she'll keep the green one in her hand. I guess I know what color we'll be painting her room when we finally buy a house! - She's also got a thing for elbows. Well, loose skin in general, but elbows in particular. I know, it sounds very weird...what happens is that while you hold her, her arm will hang against your arm, and her hand will creep up to your elbow...and begin pinching the skin. It is the WEIRDEST damn thing, but in an almost sweet and loving way. If she can't reach your elbow, she'll go for your knuckles. I know!!!! Told you it was weird!!
- She likes to smell my feet. 'Nuff said.
- She has a persistent habit of pulling on her ears. I know you all are thinking, Stupid
woman, the child has an EAR INFECTION!!! Believe it or not, I thought the same thing when she started doing it, and we have taken her to the doctor no less than THREE times since it started happening (around her 1st birthday) and each time we have been reassured that her ears look perfect. Finally one doctor told us, "You know, that could be a self-soothing kind of thing, like the way other kids twirl their hair or suck their thumb." I've accepted that as a reasonable explanation, but I have to say whenever she does it I'm reminded of that movie from the '70's called Escape to Witch Mountain ("Tony, can you hear me? Can you hear me, Tony?"). Anyone get that reference??? - My god, the girl loves Filipino food. I tell you, she reveals more and more every day how much she really is my daughter. She has a complete love for sinigang. All my Pinoy homies know what an AWESOME thing that is!
Friday, November 17, 2006
Funny Boba tidbits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I love Escape to and from Witch Mountain!!!
_kirsten
I get the reference!!!! Great movie- I might have to Netflix it now!
Her doctor's explanation
about the ear makes sense and
is a bit comforting.
It is hard to realize how much
she is growing. I printed
out some of the pictures of
that lovely special family!
isn't it so fun to watch their personalities develop? i think i've told you this before, but there's something about boba that reminds me so much of gani. i think it's the shape of their faces. but he too likes green. marley too! and loves filipino food. rice with any ulam, and he'll devour it. can't wait to see you guys at turkey bowl!!!
Yes, love for Filipiino food is genetic. Joaquin loves pansit. Fli loves . . . well, actually, Fli loves any food. period.
Yes, love of Filipino food has to be genetic. Chameans loves any kind of food with kanin (we're even talking the hard-core ones like pinakbet & monggo) and everything is "checken ahn rice!"
BTW, I KNEW Fli was my goddaughter for a reason! You go, girl!!
Post a Comment