It's been a tough week.
A really, really tough week.
Which would explain why there have been no new photos.
Boba has a cold. A really bad cold. A cold that says, "The first three colds were just for practice. I hope you enjoyed them, because this is the REAL DEAL."
It has not been fun.
My poor darling sweetheart is miserable. She cannot breathe through her nose, which means she can barely take a bottle, and it also means she can't take her beloved pacifier. The bottle comforts her, soothes her...as does the pacifier. So without either of these, she is without the means to soothe herself in her moments (read: hours) of misery.
When she coughs, it is as though she might actually expel a lung. Her nose is a perpetual snot faucet, and is red and tender from the constant rubbing with a kleenex. I am sure her throat is on fire from dryness and irritation.
It is a truly heartbreaking sight to watch her.
At night, when she is most inconsolable, she clings to me as if to say, "Save me, Mommy! Take this pain, this misery, this absolute HELL away from me!! What did I do to deserve this? What will you do to help me? WHAT???"
And usually, I just hold her, rock her, sobbing silently to myself that while I have done everything within my power, it's just not enough to relieve my poor baby.
We have not slept much, Boba and I. I have slept even less, but I'm fine with that as long as I know she's getting rest. Well, scratch that...actually it's becoming rather miserable for me too. Pardon my moment of self-martyrdom, but I may actually be catching this same cold. That would also be no fun.
My usual lighthearted commentary will continue next week, when, I'm hoping, this will all come to an end. Boba will be back sleeping through the night, I will also get my usual sleep quota, and we will all be happy and healthy and thriving. And once this occurs, I will take pictures to commemorate the occasion.
Until then...all you cold-free readers please say a prayer of gratitude to the powers-that-be for each day of good health that you receive. It is no small thing.
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I've been doing the mommy gig for almost three years... trust me: I LIVE for the healthy times. Hope she's better soon!!!
Don't worry, Flam. Give little Boba a lot of love and that'll help her get through it. You're doing fine. Joaquin just came down with a nasty bacterial infection that he passed on to me. So we're both on antibiotics now, and sleeping together. Gaby had a mild sore throat but managed to escape the infection. Fli is on quarantine right now away from the germ-infested boys. Joys of parenthood.
Post a Comment