Some stuff has come up that I would like to address. And in the spirit of love on this day of overblown westernized commercialism, I would like to say a few words:
- Bottom line, we all love our kids. And we all do the best we can. I've never intended this blog to be a "how-to" for parenting, and it should be obvious that Jason and I are big on trial-and-error (lots of trials and even more errors).
- Ferber is NOT the end-all, be-all sleep authority. His method just happened to work for us. I hear tranquilizers work too. (Okay, that was a joke.)
- Parenting is damn hard. Specifically, motherhood is ridiculously difficult. There is a conspiracy out there to make women believe that motherhood is a never-ending happy-place whereby we as mothers have completed our biological imperative and should therefore live in eternal contentment and gratitude. These are the same people who believe that love should only be celebrated once a year. So say it with me again: "Parenting is HARD."
- Our children are the most beautiful creatures on earth. End of story.
And finally...
Oh yeah, and here's Boba's response to the Mommy's rant and the whole Valentine's day hoohah:
Words of wisdom on Boba's bib



No comments:
Post a Comment