Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Mid-May!

So, we've been enjoying the spring over here in San Diego...how could you not?? With consistently-fabulous weather, great places to spend the day, with family & fun abound - you really can't go wrong. Here are some shots from some of our latest exploits:

Oh, wait...this is not a "Happy Springtime" shot, just cute one of Boba hangin' in the kitchen. Like the t-shirt?? We appreciate the irony of it. But believe me, if she's 25 and still mooching off of us, we're going to show her this picture and say, "Yeah, you see this? It was cute then. NOT ANYMORE."

Boba has been taking ballet class! She is having a terrific time, except for the first day when she decided she would rather watch the whole thing from outside (only deciding to join them about 5 minutes before the class ended). By the second class, she was ALL into it. What I love is when she demonstrates her moves for us after class - is anything cuter than a two-year-old demonstrating a pas de bourre? Nothing, I tell you, nothing!

In late March we were lucky enough to join Jason's sister Sarah and her family in Palm Springs for a fun-filled day at the pool! Yeah, we only had a day to spare, but it was well-worth the trip. Here's Daddy & Boba hanging in the baby pool. Boy, did she have a blast with her cousins Katie and Emma! She made new friends, too - there were a lot of extended family members with kids there, and they made much of the sunshine. Thanks again, Sarah & Andy, for a great time!

Here's Boba after splashing in the Coronado seaside one Sunday, after one of Daddy's shows. I took the time to close my eyes and relax while she and Daddy were chasing after the waves - a luxury since my weekends are all about the Boba and NOT about relaxing - so that's why there aren't any fun pictures on the actual beach. But it happened! And it was gorgeous!

I just have to add that among the wonderful things we have to do here in San Diego are: visiting the San Diego Zoo (which Boba and I have done on several occasions, just the two of us - not easy to wrangle a toddler as a lone pregnant lady but FUN nonetheless), Sea World, Lego Land, Birch Aquarium, countless parks & playgrounds, the beach...and recently the San Diego Children's Museum opened near down town, and I am SO excited to check it out! I'm telling you, San Diego just rocks when it comes to family-friendly activities. Makes living here even more great than it already is, in addition to the awesome weather. :)

Can't believe it's almost summertime. Hope all of you guys are doing well too!




4 comments:

Erin Cronican said...

Thank you for the update! Missing you guys, but I am coming for a visit July 1-3, maybe I can pick a family friendly place so that I can see multiple families at once! Any suggestions?

GroovyMelon said...

you guys have so many different things to do in SD! i feel like we've been doing the same things over and over again, and the new things we want to do just cost too much damn money. We need to plan a summer day where we can all go to the SD zoo together... just like old times.

li'l momma said...

OMG Melon, Egger & I took the kiddies on a playdate to Irvine Regional Park (in Orange) and it WAS A BLAST! We simply must go there all together... it was so much fun!!

Myles To Wander said...

awwww me n mp go to the zoo all the time too! We have a great time and I get my walk in that way! I tell ya, andy and I raised mp at the zoo! That's why she's such a monkey! We should go sometime!