I had my first mini-vacation for the summer last weekend...I flew up to Seattle to attend the wedding of one of my grad-school classmates. It was a wonderful wedding, and Seattle seems to be a pretty cool city (I say "seems," given I was only there for about 48 hours). The only problem was - well - I hate to get into the details but basically one of my Seattle meals didn't agree with me. In a really bad way. So unfortunately my memories of this weekend are kind of marred by my, um, digestion problem. If not for that, the vacation would have been great! Oh well.
Fortunately, this weekend I'm flying up by myself to visit my husband in Northern California, and though I'm not too thrilled about being separated from Boba, I'm looking forward to some quality time with the hubby. On August 21st we celebrated our 10-year anniversary of meeting each other, and on September 14 we'll celebrate our 5-year wedding anniversary! So, it's a good time for Jason and I to have a romantic weekend together up north. Sorry, Boba, but Doe & Papa will take good care of you!
I don't have any good new photos of Boba to post, unfortunately, but I do have a cute Boba report. She has the most adorable word for "blanket." It's "bwankink." Is that the frickin' CUTEST, or what??!? Oh, and she calls butterflies "utterbwyes." Dance class is "dance cwass." She even has a Filipino accent sometimes; she pronounces the word heavy like "hay-bee." I swear, I'm going to be so depressed when she starts speaking coherently. It can only go downhill from there.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hi Kim,
Have a great time this weekend (you deserve it) - give Jason all of my love - can't wait to see him next week!
xo,
Sarah
happy anniversary, and enjoy your much needed hanky panky time with yo hubby!!! cute cute words! and the talking will not stop from here on out...
The pictures have been darling and I love her
new words. Somehow, it would be nice to
get some of that recorded. I miss her!!
Post a Comment