- Most of my projects wrapped up in the second-to-last week in July, and,
- Jason took Boba up with him to Tahoe for a week.
I KNOW!! YOU ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANT!! That I, your only-occasionally-present Flambo, had a whopping 3 days to myself last week! Granted, they were 3 mid-week days, so I had to spend the majority of them at work, but I also got to do things like watch Harry Potter 5! And finish reading Harry Potter 7! Which really were the only things I wanted to get done, aside from cleaning the house and stuff...but I know you don't want to hear about that, and god forbid you should hear about a mom who chooses to CLEAN when she gets a break! Yes, I know I'm a complete weirdo like that!
So I had a very restful 3 days - the sleep quotient was FAN-FRICKIN'-TASTIC - but of course it was all tinged with a certain sadness because I did not have my little Boba with me to make life that much more exciting. To be frank, I was very reluctant to have Jason cart her away for the week, because I am her MOM, and all you Moms should know what I'm talking about. Yes, she was in more-than-capable hands; she was in the best care, to say nothing of making her father incredibly happy since he's missed her terribly for the past, oh, 6 weeks. But you know...I worried here and there because there is this weird little voice in my head that keeps insisting that I am the only one in the world who can make this little one happy. Where does this voice come from, you ask? Well, I'm not sure, but I think it's something to do with having had her in my womb for 10 months, and then, you know, there was that little act of birthing her as well.
But I know Jason was up to the task of single-parenting, so for the most part I relaxed and kicked back and basically enjoyed my quiet time. Up in Tahoe, however, Boba and her Daddy were having a rockin' good time, going to the beach, playing with other little friends, going to Gymboree, etc. Here is a lovely photo to prove that the Daddy-Daughter bond is as strong as ever:


1 comment:
We went to the midnight showing of The Order of the Phoenix and Clint picked up our copy of book 7 at the midnight Barnes and Nobles ball dressed as Filch, complete with a very scary looking stuffed Mrs. Norris.
Glad I'm not the only Potter freak from Pepperdine! = )
Post a Comment