
Okay, I admit...despite the title of this post, part of the reason why Katrina has so little pink couture is because we decided not to find out the sex of the baby while I was pregnant. So - and those of you who did the same with your child will understand this - baby gifts were largely in various shades of white, yellow, and green. But as I received more and more "gender-neutral" baby stuff, I started to realize the advantages of not associating your child with one color.
(Here's a shout-out to Daddy for convincing Mommy not to find out the sex in the first place. Mommy had her reservations. I mean, I had no patience. This has since changed. I guess having a baby does that to you.)
Pink is a sweet, lovely color. And Katrina looks absolutely delicious in pink. (I'm no Color-Me-Beautiful expert, but I'd say she's a Spring. And the Spring palette has an array of pinks.) But pink is limiting. What else does pink say other than "young girl"? Oh sure, innocence and all that. But what about "precocious"? "Wise"? "Soulful"?
Pink says none of these.
Green, on the other hand, says "I am one with the soul of the earth." Blue says "I am deep and complex." Purple says, "I am not afraid of change." Black says, "I may just be a baby, but I can still kick your ass." (Okay, so black was only for Halloween.)
So, Pink, though you may be the quintessential color of all baby girls, this baby girl is just a little too colorful for you.
Bring on the rainbow!



1 comment:
YES! Thank you for putting into words what I have felt all along. Although I will encourage you to check out hot pink... it's sassy! ;)
Post a Comment