(Note: remember my disclaimer about Katrina becoming more and more annoyed by these games as I took pictures? Well, it becomes more obvious in this series.)
- GAME # 4 - WHOSE FEET ARE THESE???
This is my favorite "changing-the-diaper" game, also known as "Anatomy lesson #1". Right after I change Katrina's diaper, I take both feet in my hands and tap my face with them while exclaiming, "Whose feet are these? Whose feet are these?" And then I pull them up a little higher and proclaim, "These are KATRINA'S feet!!" (See above photo.) Then I take both hands in mine, tap my face once again, and say "Whose hands are these? Whose hands are these? These are KATRINA'S hands!!" Then, I finish with a hearty "YAY KATRINA!" while clapping in front of her face. By then she's totally with me and waving her arms around with a huge smile on her face. (By the third photo she was really just humoring me...but as you can see, clapping always elicits some kind of a smile, even in spite of her growing impatience!)
And finally...
- GAME # 5 - STANDING BABY
Okay, so moments after this photo was taken, Katrina had a total meltdown, so we only managed to get one, but you get the idea. With "Standing Baby", we stand Katrina up on her legs and say, "It's a standing baby! It's a standing __-month-old baby! It's a miracle!" This is the one game that has something of an expiration date, if you will, given that standing will no longer be a "miracle" after seven months or so. But it was pretty funny when she was only three months old, and apparently she thought it was funny too, since she always laughed. Nowadays, at five-months-old, she will actually do a little bouncy dance with her knees. I think she wanted to add her personal flair to the game. Both her parents are performers, after all.
So there you have it! Five games for Boba. Of course, there are a handful of other little games we play that involve funny faces and noises, but these are my favorites. If/When any of you come to visit, print this out as a cheat-sheet for how to play with Boba. You'll become one of her favorite people in no time!






3 comments:
You guys are making parenting look easy, and I know it can't be! It's almost like you are writing a parenting handbook with this blog- you should consider publishing it as a book! =)
Heh,
Kim -- tell em about last night and this morning. That'll show em how easy it is.
Going to nap now (between shows).
Gosh...I'm getting a weird deja vu reading all these posts...like I could have written them myself in the past month or so! :)
I'm loving reading all of your posts (and seeing the pics). Keep 'em coming!!
xo,
Jen (and Lana)
Post a Comment