Friday, July 18, 2008

Fox Has Arrived


Thankfully, it was an uneventful day, all things considered.

Per the schedule, Mommy and I woke at 4 am (by the way, this is a Daddy guest post – Mommy has other things to think about), arrived at the hospital at 5:30, prepped and went in for the C-section at 7:30. Fox’s official birth time was 7:50 am. We love our doctor.


The recovery room was also mellow. As Mommy waited for feeling to return to her lower extremities, Fox and I went through all the little baby tests (10 fingers, 2 eyes, etc.). For such a traumatic day, I was very impressed with his temperament. 

Sure, he got pissed when they stuck needles in him, but then, so do I.

He weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. After the monster that Boba was (9 lbs 12 oz), this 
seemed small to us. But we found out that after adjusting for Gestation Date (Fox arrived three weeks before Miss I’m-gonna-take-my-sweet-time) Fox is actually larger. Doesn’t look larger, but smarter minds than mine say it is so.

He latched on quickly for his first feeding. He seemed to have quite an appetite. Which was good, as he skipped meals for most of the rest of the day in lieu of slumber.




After a bit, I followed Fox to his first sponge bath while Mommy went to her room. He didn’t care much for the bath, other than the warm water rinse after she washed his hair.




Fox and I then rejoined Mommy
 in her room and crashed for most of the afternoon. We tried waking for a few feedings, but Fox was pretty clearly having none of it – “Give me a break mom. It’s been a rough day. I’ll eat tomorrow.”

Boba and Papa and Doe arrived around 6. We have been anxious about how Princess Boba would respond to sharing her throne.

Wow!


She was in heaven! She kissed, held and poked (with reminders to be gentle) her brother and was soooooooooooooooooo excited! She kept talking about all the ways they were going to play together. 







In honor of his arrival, Fox had arranged a present for Boba (with Daddy’s help): two goldfish in a small bowl. She was very grateful and promptly named one of them Nemo.






And, this being our life, Daddy had to leave the family for his evening performance. As I left, Boba was bouncing off the walls with joy. When curtain comes, I will rush back to the hospital and hopefully, get this entry posted quickly.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Mazel Tov! Woot!! Can't wait to meet him in person.
-Mike C

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Oooooh, we were thinking of you two ALL DAY, wondering how things were going! We are SO happy for you all!

When you get a few minutes you HAVE to shoot us off an email with his name. I am on the edge of my seat!

Awww... I am so happy... a new little "you guys" is in the world.

What could be better?

GroovyMelon said...

I've left it in a text message, i've left it on facebook, and now i'm gonna leave it on here. Congrats you guys! I'm so excited for Katrina cause she is just gonna have a blast with her new baby. I like the picture of her holding the baby with the bopy pillow around her waist. Can't wait to meet him!

Elaine said...

Congratulations, he's so beautiful! Can't wait to meet him and see the now big sister!

li'l momma said...

YAY!!! Fox is here!!! CONGRATS!!!! Man, you're gonna love having two, really... it's the very best!! And it may just be the angle, or the picture, or whatever, but Fox looks so FILIPINO (I love it!)! Maybe we should change it to "Pox"? <--(say with an accent) :-D Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

It all sounds so
perfect and wonderful,
a dream come true.
Thanks so much for
writing about your
special day and kids.

For those of us far
away, it helps to
read about it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys!!
So thrilled for you and for Katrina as well :)

Assaf

M.S. said...

Congrats to you both! Kids are the best!
(PS We worked with Jason at USF.)

Sandy said...

How wise the wee one to have chosen such a loving family.

Joy to all,
Sandy (Ellis-Troy)

Anonymous said...

IT'S A BOY!! I've been waiting since Tee was born to say that again! Congratulations to all of you!!! It was so sweet that Fox brought Boba a "thanks for being my big sister" gift. That's so important. We hope to take a drive out soon to visit and meet the new addition and bring some homemade brownies (just like Flam did for Johnny Boy!) Love to all

WestCoBina said...

congratulations and welcome to the family fox!!! i can't wait to meet you. boba, you're an amazing "ate". he's so lucky to have you to guide him into the world and into your beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! I can't wait to hear the details on your new little boy. Congratulations to the whole family!

:) Lisel

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! I love your blog and hope that you're doing well! Hugs! Debbie Smyth