But that doesn't mean I'm going to handmake Boba's costume next year. I'll still buy it. I'll just buy it in June.
Just kidding.
But - ohmigoodness - WHO KNEW trick-or-treating with your child would be so much fun??? I got such a kick out of her yelling "Trick or Treat!" every time we approached a house, and then watching our neighbors oooh and aahhh over how friggin' cute she was in her Tinkerbell/butterfly/fairy outfit. Then, every time she got candy, she'd yell jubilantly, "I GOT IT!" And then: "Other door? Other door trick-or treat?? OH-KAYYYY???"(That is her way of expressing affirmation for everything. "OH-KAYYYY???")And then she had one too many lollipops that she paid for with what I call a candy-hangover this morning. I won't go into details.
But it was worth it! Lolo Bob followed her around with the camera (and me), and so I have some fun shots. But I'll start with pictures of a couple of nights ago, when Daddy carved a pumpkin - with Boba's help, of course.
Boba's first pumpkin-carving adventure!
Scraping off the seeds
Surveying the damage
"Hmmm....so we're gonna EAT these later??"
The final product! It was Boba's design, of course.
Getting ready to trick-or-treat...although she clearly has found a treat already!
Venturing out with Mommy
Charming our neighbors
Yum yum! We're definitely doing this again next year!


4 comments:
Absolutely precious!! She is beautiful! At times, I too, feel skeptical about the hyper-consumerism surrounding Halloween, but it's hard not to get sucked in when the kids get so much JOY AND EXCITEMENT out of the "process" of Halloween. Forget about the skeletons and bats. . . soon she'll be old enough to make her own Halloween creations with paper, glue, and glitter and they'll be infinitely better than anything you'll find in the stores. Just for the record, this was my 7th Halloween as a mother, and I STILL haven't produced a homemade costume (so what???)
Who has time to handmake a Halloween costume. If you ever do, my hat's off to you. She looked so ADORABLE!!! The holidays get new meaning when you see how much they make your own kid sparkle. And yes I'm considering Halloween a holiday! Anything for a party!!
she looks like she had so much fun. she's getting so grown and beautiful. yeah, i had a flash of what my handmade zurg costume would look like, and it probably also would have been a safety issue. i bought his off ebay. we miss you!!
Boba is starting to look like a little girl now! She's growing out of her toddler-ness... not that i'm rushing her or anything. Will we see you for Thanksgiving? BTW, tell your bro Joji to give us an update on his paco doggie site. I wanna see how they're doing too!
Post a Comment