Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Two Year Old Boba!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBA!!!
Boba turned two a week ago. Because of the craziness last week (read the post below), we were unable to throw a big party like the one she had last year. Instead, however, she had not one, not two, but THREE mini-parties with friends and family! And of course, because I am lame, I didn't have my camera for any of them, but I know some pictures were taken by others, so I am HOPING one or two of them will send them to me. In those pictures' stead, I present a montage of "Boba in a Skirt". I also like to call these shots, "How Boba is Growing Up Faster Than Her Mommy Can Say 'Pre-Teen'". It's kind of amazing, really!

She's got her Daddy's legs! And his love for reading.

Can I just say that she has amazing hair? I had nothing to do with it, other than having the dominant "black hair" gene. Other than that, she's got her Daddy's mane, through and through.

Is it just me, or can you see glimpses of what she'll look like as a teenager? I think it's sort of uncanny, actually. Uncanny and freakin' SCARY.

Speaking of her Daddy, I never actually posted this photo on the journal portion on the blog, although it's up there on the sidebar. It's one of my favorite photos of the two of them, and absolutely super-cute how it came to be: She just walked up to Daddy, who was sitting on the floor, came behind him, and wrapped her arms around his neck. Luckily I had the camera. "Click!" The cuteness is captured digitally forever.

So, now that we are officially in the "terrible twos", let me share some fun, not-so-terrible stuff about Toddler Boba!

  • One of her favorite saying is "I DO IT!!" She usually does this when I'm trying to feed her with a spoon and she insists on feeding herself. I'm actually quite impressed that she gets more than 80% of the food actually in her mouth. The other situation where she says this is when I'm applying makeup and she seems to think that she can do a better job. Hell, with my lousy makeup technique, she probably can.
  • She loves to sing. In fact, while my boss (see below) was in the car with us, she just broke into song for a few minutes. I whispered to Jack: "She's auditioning for you." Jack: "I know. She's quite good. (to Boba) You're hired!" Me (laughing): "Boba, you're probably the only person in the world who doesn't get nervous singing in front of Jack O'Brien." Jack: "Yes, and that's EXACTLY why I'm hiring her!" Watch out folks...one of these days you may see How The Grinch Stole Christmas starring Boba as Cindy Lou Who!
  • There is an AWESOME Mexican restaurant by my house, and I order from there frequently. Recently my in-laws were in town, and happened to order their chicken soup. They left some for us, and wouldn'tcha know it, Boba LOVED the stuff. She walked around for days asking, "Soup? Soup?" Well, I have to say, I've never been a fan of chicken soup, but man, this stuff was GOOD. What made it especially sublime was the addition of a lime, onions, and cilantro...which were not added into Boba's bowl, of course, but boy, I really enjoyed it. Anyway, nothing like Mommy and Baby slurping away happily side-by-side...Mexican chicken soup rocks!

Well, that was random! Anyway, that's all I could come up with for now, but I hope that was enjoyable. Daddy took the camera, so perhaps a photo post won't come for a little while, but I'll swing by and update sometime this week, hopefully. Cheers!

3 comments:

li'l momma said...

Wow, you're back! Nice to see Boba again... she's a regular young lady now! Man, when are we ever gonna see each other??

Anonymous said...

What a delight! Katrina looks like she grew
six months on her birthday. How tall is she
now? Her hair looks lovely there. I hope it
doesn't get too frustrating with its fineness
(a characteristic from her dad). And yes,
scary thoughts of what a beautiful teenager
she will be.
Somehow, I think I met Jack but I don't remember
when. How lucky you are to be learning from
him. As well as being the coordinator for these
directors last week, did you get to listen in?
Congrats on making things work.
Mom

Mini Peaves & Memmy said...

Unfortunately I think Mini Peaves got her dad's legs... all thick and stocky... oh wait, that's both our legs!