Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Where in the World is Flambo??

Actually, the question you should be asking is: Where in the World is Jason?? Well, he is currently in New York City, in rehearsals for a benefit performance of the musical version of Zhivago, in which he appeared in its prior two incarnations at La Jolla Playhouse. (God, I think I may have butchered the grammar in that sentence. But moving on...) What this means, among other things, is that Flambo has been single-parenting Boba, although not really, since she and Boba live with Lolo & Lola, after all, but it does mean that Flambo does get up in the wee hours of the morning to comfort the crying Boba, and then AGAIN two hours later when Boba gets up for the day at 5 A.M. (Note: These are SHIFTS that Jason and I usually trade off, which is really the much more humane and managable way to deal with a toddler's less-than-desirable sleep habits.) This also means that Flambo has not gotten much sleep, and has had to do Daddy's usual share of chores (laundry, grocery shopping, etc.) on top of her typical day (8-hour work day, 1-hour commute, feeding-and-caring for Boba - although in truth Lola has handled MANY Boba duties lately - THANKS LOLA!!!), in addition to it being the holidays and all and there's that small matter of Christmas shopping that needs to be done, not to mention sending out Christmas cards - oh, sorry...SEASONS GREETINGS cards (in case Christmas is not your holiday-of-choice) - and, uh, well, let's face it....

I'm wiped.

End of story. Oh, and I have no new photos except the ones that we took for our Christmas cards, and I don't want to ruin THAT surprise for you all. Argh. Well, suffice it to say that despite the stress of the season, Jason is having a well-deserved FABULOUS time in NYC, we are all in good health and spirits, and Boba has some of the best Grandparents in the world. Example: Lola relieves me at 5:30am to let me go back to sleep for a couple of hours. What I would do without that I don't know. Probably crawling on my office floor pleading for mercy.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

No comments: