Look at how big she's gotten! I swear sometimes I look at her and she's not even a baby anymore. She's still got that cute baby-skin-fold in her thighs, which I think means she's still officially a baby, and her hands are still slightly dimpled, so....maybe I'm just in denial. She's been talking ALOT in her own little language that I've talked about before. We have no idea what she's saying but I'm sure she thinks she's making sense. I'll have to make a recording of it someday. It is the absolute ULTIMATE in cuteness.
So the photo is a little dark, but you can still see her in action as she plays with her toys. It's great hanging out with her now - not that it wasn't before - but now she really gets into her toys and practically forgets you're sitting there next to her. She has this very elaborate game that involves picking up a toy, examining it closely, then flinging it into some container. Pick up, examine, fling, repeat. She does this with practically all of her toys, and her favorites are ones that have some kind of receptacle; be it a box, or a canister, or even a hollow lid...she has this very precise system and it is absolutely fascinating to watch. I'd love to hear her thoughts at those moments. It's like she's thinking, "Blue circle. Smooth exterior. Little scratch on the bottom. Check." Or, "Colorful box. Interesting pictures. Bad interpretation of a zebra, though. Check."
And here she is showing off her new talent: climbing. I really didn't see this one coming. All of a sudden, she's able to climb sofas, chairs, stairs - although she prefers climbing the stairs like a grown-up, with one foot at a time (with Mommy's help, of course). That's my dad spotting her. And in the last photo I think she's proclaiming her victory over all inanimate, climb-able objects - or something.
Here she is with her tower of blocks that she LOVES to topple over. It's kind of funny, actually, because she will make sure each and every block has been toppled over sufficiently. That means, if the bottom-most block is somehow left standing there, even though all the others have tumbled to the side, she has to push that last one to make sure all possible damage has been had. It's nice to see she's got a thing for demolition. Bodes well for all the antiques in Lolo & Lola's house.
Tomorrow I will post another photo essay about Daisy, the neighbor's dog. Only you will never actually see Daisy in the photos. How could that be, you wonder? Well, stay tuned and find out!









1 comment:
You have to remind Mom and Pop that baby-proofing a home is 50% for the baby and 50% for the home! What a great climber. She is getting so big!
Post a Comment