Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Boba's brand spankin' new 'do

Over the last few weeks, it became abundantly clear that Boba needed a haircut.




I mean, don't get me wrong; she's cute no matter what, but the mullet was getting a tad unmanageable. Especially in the mornings. I just couldn't deal with all the snags anymore. So it was time for a haircut.

And what a haircut it was. I was planning on taking photos of the event, and had the camera poised and ready to go. But nothing could prepare me for the meltdown that ensued.

Simply put, Boba does NOT like getting her hair cut.

Our "stylist" Pattie, bless her heart, evidently had experience with this sort of thing, and was armed with toys, videos, and distractions galore. However, no amount of distraction could have prevented the screeching and howling emanating from my nearly-three-foot bundle o'joy. (That's just Mommy's guesstimate on her height.) It was heartbreaking. And funny at the same time.

Anyway, I decided not to harrass her after that with the camera, so Jason and I waited for a calmer moment to capture the results:

I think it's just as cute as the mullet, snags notwithstanding. She looks almost Dorothy-Hamill-ish, don'tcha think? Given that this is probably going to be her only haircut for a long time, I'm glad it ended up looking good!

No comments: